Academic Policies

Name Changes

All name change requests by marriage, divorce or court order must be accompanied by official documentation in the form of a valid Social Security Card plus an additional, valid alternate identification. The following are considered valid alternate identifications:

  • Driver's License
  • Passport
  • Marriage Certificate/License
  • Military ID

University policy only allows name changes while a student is currently enrolled. Alumni should contact Alumni Relations to update their name and contact information. Current staff should contact Human Resources.

To change your name please submit a Personal Information Update Form.

Regarding Name Changes for Graduation: Name changes must be made in the Office of the Registrar and with the graduation counselor at least six weeks prior to graduation to ensure that the correct name will appear on the commencement program and on your diploma.