Blackboard Support - Blackboard 9
Blackboard is the Learning Management System (LMS) we use at Biola to provide an online space for class activities such as exchanging documents, online discussions, and managing course grades. This web page tells how to use it.
A site for up-to-date announcements, news, and discussion.
For Students / General Users
- Welcome to Blackboard - Basic Login Instructions. (Also, see a printer-friendly 2-page PDF version)
- Submitting Assignments - for Students. Instructions for students on how to submit your assignments on Blackboard.
- Using Google Docs for Group Projects - for Students.
For Faculty & T.A.s
- Setting Up a Course - How to begin setting things up
- Managing Users - Add and remove students and TAs from the class
- Posting Content - Post information for students to view and download
- Creating Assignments - Allows students to submit work online
- Grade Center: Grading Assignments - View and grade work submitted online
- Grade Center: Creating Columns - post students' grades online
- Grade Center: Weighted Grades - use categories to calculates semester grades
- SafeAssign Plagiarism Detection: Using SafeAssignments - students upload their papers
- SafeAssign Plagiarism Detection: Using DirectSubmit - you upload students' papers
- Import Packages - Uploading content to your Blackboard course
Blackboard is used by thousands of institutions, so there are lots of online instructions. If you cannot find the answer on this page, a simple Google search may answer your question. Put "Blackboard 9" in the search, for example: "blackboard 9 weighting grades". You can also try these off-campus sites:
- USC: http://www.usc.edu/its/blackboard/support/bb9/
- UT Austin: https://wikis.utexas.edu/display/bbsupport/Home+Page
You can also Contact Biola's Blackboard Administrator for any other questions.
This documentation describes older versions of Blackboard, so it may be out-of-date and redundant. It is included here as an archive