3. Housing Reservation Deposits
New Incoming Residents’ Deposits
- All Housing applicants must have paid their enrollment deposits and must also pay a $250 housing reservation deposit at or before the time they complete the online Housing Application.
- Applicants to the University who have paid the $250 housing reservation deposit but who decide not to attend Biola, to postpone enrollment, or not to reserve housing should request a refund of the housing reservation deposit in writing to the Housing Office.
- Request for a refund must be received by the appropriate deadline. Deposits paid after deadline dates are not refundable.
- Fall applicants, on or before July 1
- Interterm/Spring applicants, on or before January 15
- Request for a refund must be made in writing to the applicant’s Admissions Counselor.
- Failure to give written notice of cancellation or postponement by the dates above will result in forfeiture of the housing reservation deposit.
- Once the Contract Year begins Incoming Residents will be considered to be Continuing Residents.
Continuing Residents’ Deposits
- Continuing Residents must have a $250 Housing Deposit balance. This deposit will be considered refundable if residents fulfill the Housing Contract for the full duration of the Contract Year.
- Housing reservation deposits will continue to be held until a resident moves out of University Housing.
- Residents who fulfill the Housing Contract for the full Contract Year and who do not contract for the upcoming year will have the Housing Deposit refunded.
- Residents who do not fulfill the Housing Contract for the entire Contract year will NOT receive a refund of the Housing Deposit. (See the Cancellation section to determine which circumstances constitute fulfillment of the Housing Contract.)
- When Housing deposits are refunded the funds will be credited to the student's account within three (3) months of the fulfillment of the Housing Contract..
- Students with signed Housing & Food Service Contracts who do not claim their Housing Assignment by the Housing Claim Deadline will forfeit their Housing Deposit (see Check-In Procedures).