3. Housing Reservation Deposits
New Incoming Residents’ Deposits
- All accepted applicants who require housing and have paid their enrollment deposits must also pay a $250 housing reservation deposit at or before the time they complete the online Housing Application.
- Applicants to the University who have paid the $250 housing reservation deposit but who decide not to attend Biola, to postpone enrollment, or not to reserve housing should request a refund of the housing reservation deposit in writing to the Housing Office.
- Request for a refund must be received by the appropriate deadline:
- Fall applicants, on or before July 1
- Interterm/Spring applicants, on or before January 15
- Request for a refund must be made in writing to the applicant’s Admissions Counselor.
- Failure to give written notice of cancellation or postponement by the dates above will result in forfeiture of the housing reservation deposit.
Continuing Residents’ Deposits
- Housing reservation deposits will continue to be held until a resident student graduates, withdraws from the University or permanently moves out of University housing.
- Residents who withdraw from the University between semesters may request a refund of the housing reservation deposit from the Housing Office. Request for a refund must be received by the appropriate deadline. Failure to give written notice of cancellation by the dates below will result in forfeiture of the housing reservation deposit.
- On or before July 15 if withdrawing for Fall semester.
- On or before January 15 if withdrawing for Spring semester.
- Request for a refund must be made in writing.
E-mail: undergraduate [dot] housing [at] biola [dot] edu
use “Housing Cancellation” in the subject line
Housing Manager, Student Services Building
13800 Biola Avenue
La Mirada CA 90639
- Residents who withdraw from the University during fall or spring semesters will have their deposits credited to their student account within 60 days of their withdrawal date.
- Residents indicate that they will permanently leave housing either by not contracting for the upcoming academic year or by cancelling their current contract according to the stipulations in Contract Cancellation.
- Housing reservation deposits will be refunded as a credit to the student’s account.
- Students who leave the University temporarily (enroll in an off-campus study program, plan to re-admit) should request a refund of their housing deposit. The deposit will need to be paid again when the student returns to housing.
- Students with signed Housing & Food Service Contracts who do not claim their Housing Assignment by the Housing Claim Deadline will forfeit their Housing Deposit unless they are withdrawing (see Check-In Procedures).