Reserve your room(s)
- Reserve your room(s) through Shannon Maxwell (NOTE: YOU DO NOT NEED YOUR EXPERIMENT APPROVED BEFORE REQUESTING YOUR ROOMS).
- Complete Room Reservation form, then hand deliver it to Shannon.
- Please note: usually it takes 2 WEEKS to reserve your rooms.
Get your experiment approved
- Create a PHRRC proposal for your experiment.
- Submit your proposal to your professor for approval.
- Email a copy of your approved proposal to Ruth (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Request Researcher status.
- Once Ruth receives and processes your approved PHRRC proposal, you will receive an email from Sona. (Subject line: Research Participation System Login Information). In the email will be your Researcher User ID and Password.
Add your study to Sona Systems
To create a new study:
- Click on the link in the email for the Sona login page.
- Log on to Sona Systems as a Researcher using the Researcher password provided.
- In other words, use your email address, underscore, email@example.com (example: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Click Add New Study.
- Select Study.
- Make sure Credit is selected.
- Leave the rest unmarked.
- Click continue.
Keep it very vague - just a few words. Not your full title. You don't want to give anything away about the purpose of your study. Example: Memory and Exercise, Performance and Humor, etc.
Students will see this description, be specific.
MAKE SURE YOU LIST THE CORRECT LENGTH OF TIME.
NOTE: A 15 minute experiment is worth 0.5 credits, 30 minutes worth 1 credit, and so on. MAKE SURE YOU LIST THE CORRECT CREDIT. IMPORTANT because PSYC200 Intro to PSYC students may NOT sign up for your experiment if it is less than 30 minutes (you will need to set a pre-screen restriction, instructions to follow).
Your professor's name
PHRRC Approval Code
Enter PHRRC number provided by your professor.
Click Add This Study
You do not need to fill out Advanced Settings.
Change Prescreen Restrictions: On Study Information page (following page) Click View/Modify Restrictions. NOTE: THE ANSWER YOU SELECT IS THE ANSWER THAT THE PARTICIPANT MUST HAVE CHOSEN IN ORDER TO VIEW THE STUDY.
- (Gender) Sex (for instance, if your study is for men only, click M on next page)
- (Are you currently) enrolled in Dr. Grace's Intro to Psyc course? For experiments that are less than 30 minutes, you must select NO. For experiments that are 30 minutes or more leave blank.
- (Are you 18 years) of age or older ALWAYS CLICK THIS, ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST BE 18 OR OLDER TO PARTICIPATE, AND THE ANSWER MUST BE YES.
- Click Set Restrictions.
- Enter your answers (using guidelines above).
- Click Save Changes.
Set Time Slots
- Click My Studies on top toolbar.
- Click on Study Info in box.
- Click View/Administer Time Slots (Scroll to bottom of Study Information page -prior page) and follow step-by-step instructions.
- Do NOT Move Timeslots to Business Hours.
Obtain Approval for Study
- Click on My Studies, top toolbar.
- Click Study Info.
- Scroll down the page to Study Status.
- Click Send a Request to obtain approval for your study and to allow the students to view your experiment. Approval will take approximately 2 working days.
Final notes: In the My Studies area, you can manage each experiment:
- To view study info, click on any of your experiments to show the details.
- To issue credits & penalties for no-shows, click on View Your Uncredited Timeslots
Change status of experiment to INACTIVE upon completion
Go to My Studies, Change Study Info, change to Inactive.