The Psychology Department offers an opportunity for their majors to gain valuable off (or on) campus, job-related experience in an approved psychological setting or agency while earning university credit (PSYC450 Directed Fieldwork).
PSYC450 Directed Fieldwork (Internship) Program requirements:
- Must be a junior or senior psychology major.
- Internship must be pre-approved by Psychology Department.
- Site must have an individual with an advanced degree (Masters, Doctoral) in psychology or closely related field who will be responsible for you.
- Can be done for 1-3 units (up to 6 units maximum; up to 3 units max for any one internship site).
- 45 hours per unit.
Benefits of doing an internship:
- Opportunity to integrate classroom knowledge with real-world experience.
- Gain valuable career-related experience.
- Looks great when applying for grad school.
- Develops relationships with professionals.
- Added benefits: Letters of recommendation
What do you need to do?
- Find an internship site (SIte Listing / Biola Link).
- Contact the site and complete the PSYC450 Directed Fieldwork Contract.
- Fill out an Arranged Course form (Registrar's form).
- Arranged Course Permission Form
- Contract Form
- Directed Fieldwork 450
- Evaluation Form
- Log of Hours Form
- Internship Site Listing (PDF)