message: Illegal character at end of document, <.
Nancy S. Duvall
- Ph.D., University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- M.A.T., Duke University
- A.B., Agnes Scott College
Dr. Duvall's major areas of interest center on adult therapy in the psychodynamic modality, group dynamics and issues of integration. She also focuses on clinical supervision and is involved in supervision at Biola Counseling Center. She is interested in the relationship of psychotherapy and spirituality, specifically issues of the soul and self and mindfulness.
- American Psychological Association (Division 36 Member)
- Christian Association for Psychological Studies (Member)
- One Challenge International (Board Member)
Awards and Honors
- Award for Excellence in biblical Integration, Biola University (March 2003)
- Hall, M.E., Duvall, N.S., Edwards, K.J., & Pike, P.L. (1999). “The relationship of Object Relations development to cultural adjustment in a missionary sample.” Journal of Psychology and Theology, 27, 139-153.
- Hall, M.E., & Duvall, N.S. (2003). “Married women in missions: The effects of cross-cultural and self gender-role expectations on well-being, stress, and self-esteem.” Journal of Psychology and Theology, 31, 303-314.
- Duvall, N.S. (1998). From Soul to self and back again. Journal of Psychology and Theology, 26, 6-15.
- Duvall, N. (2004). Educational context and development. In Family in Mission: understanding and caring for those who serve (Leslie A. Andrews, ed). Mission Training Institute; Palmer Lake, Co.
- Duvall, N. (November 2011). “Mind-Body Relationship and Implications For the Soul.” Faculty Table Talk, Biola University, La Mirada, CA
- Duvall, N. (January 2009). “Spiritual Formation.” Seminar for Christian Association for Psychological Studies, Dallas, TX
- Duvall, N. (November 2000). “The heart and soul of member care.” Paper presented at the 21st Annual Mental Health & Missions Conference, Angola, IN
- Duvall, N. (October 2000). “Unconscious theology and spirituality.” Paper presented at the Institute for Spiritual Formation Lecture Series. Biola University, La Mirada, CA
- Duvall, N. (October 1999). “The heart of soul care.” Paper presented at the Institute for Spiritual Formation Lecture Series. Biola University, La Mirada, CA
- Integration issues (such as meaning of self/soul)
- Member Care issues
- “Teaching Psychology at Daystar University, Nairobi, Kenya.”