- Ph.D., Claremont Graduate University
- M.A., Claremont Graduate University
- M.A., Talbot School of Theology
- B.A., Biola University
Dr. McMartin specializes in the areas of systematic theology, religious epistemology, philosophical theology, and theological integration. Recent investigations have included the epistemic effects of sin, theological method in the modern theologians, and the doctrines of sin and humanity. He teaches systematic theology and theological integration for Rosemead School of Psychology and for Talbot School of Theology and serves on the pastoral team of a local church plant, overseeing equipping ministries.
- American Academy of Religion
- American Philosophical Association
- Evangelical Philosophical Society
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Society of Christian Philosophers
- “Conflicts among Modern Theologies and Contemporary Resolutions,” Far West Regional Meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society, April 2008.
- “A Critique of Arguments from the Noetic Effects of Sin Against Epistemological Foundationalism,” Pacific Society of Christian Philosophers meeting, April 2005. Earlier version presented at the Western Regional meeting of the American Academy of Religion, March 2004.
- “A Premature Funeral? A Critique of Stanley Grenz's Rejection of Foundationalism,” Evangelical Theological Society Annual Meeting, November 2004.
- “Radical Conceptualism and the Noetic Effects of Sin,” Evangelical Philosophical Society Annual Meeting, November 2004.
- “Compatibility Issues: Virtue Ethics and Sociobiology,” Religion and Science Group, American Academy of Religion Annual Meeting, November 2004.
- “On the Varieties of Sin's Effects on Knowledge,” Far West Regional Meeting of the Evangelical Philosophical Society, April 2004.
- “Concept Formation and the Essence of Christianity,” (Paper on Schleiermacher) Nineteenth Century Group, Western Regional meeting of the American Academy of Religion, March 2001.
- “Pascal on Incarnation,” Far West Regional meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society, April 1999.