Bruce S. Narramore
- Ph.D., University of Kentucky
- M.A., Pepperdine University
- M.A., Fuller Theological Seminary
- B.A., Westmont College
Dr. Narramore's clinical interests focus on the nature of the psychotherapeutic process as viewed from a psychodynamic perspective. His academic specializations are in the teaching of psychotherapy and supervisory skills, the relationship of psychological and theological conceptions of personality functioning, and dealing with spiritual issues in psychotherapy.
- American Psychological Association - Division 12 (Fellow)
- American Psychological Association - Division 36 (Fellow)
- American Psychological Association - Division 39 (Member)
- Christian Association for Psychological Studies (Life-Time Member)
Awards and Honors
- Annual Award for Outstanding Contributions to the Integration of Psychology & Theology from the Christian Association for Psychological Studies established as "The Narramore Award" (2003).
- “No condemnation: Rethinking guilt motivation in counseling, preaching and parenting.” (2nd ed.) Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2001.
- Narramore, B. (November 2003). “Rethinking the doctrine of sanctification in member care and counseling.” Paper presented at the annual Mental Health and Missions Conference, Angora, IN
- Narramore, B. (February 2003). “Psychological and theological foundations of member care and counseling.” Paper presented at the annual meeting of Issues in Missionary Mental Health Conference, Columbia, SC
- Narramore, B. (November 2002). “Rethinking guilt motivation.” Paper presented at the Member Care conference, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Narramore, B. (October 2002). “Theology and psychological visions of health and healing.” Paper presented at the meeting of the Semi-Annual Member Care and Counseling Seminar, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Narramore, B. (July 2002). “Identity struggles of Third Culture Kids.” Paper presented at the annual TCK Cross Cultural Reentry Conference, Narramore Christian Foundation, La Mirada, CA
- President, Narramore Christian Foundation (1999-present)
- Consultant and Visiting Professor of Psychology - Multi-Cultural Doctoral Program in Counseling, Asian Graduate School of Theology, Manila, Philippines (2001-present)
- Visiting Scholar in Psychology (sabbatical), Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA (2001-2002)
- Psychology Examining Committee Oral Commissioner, State of California (1978-1999)