message: Illegal character at end of document, <.
Maria A. Dixon
- MSN, Vascular Clinical Nurse Specialist, Rush University, Chicago, IL
- BSN, Rush University, Chicago, IL
- ADN, Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, KY
Maria has practiced nursing for over 32 years specializing in critical care and vascular nursing. Since 1991 she has been an American Heart Instructor in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support (BLS). Maria has worked as a Clinical Nurse Specialist, educator, staff nurse, and preceptor for graduate nursing students in various teaching hospitals including the University of Chicago, UCLA Medical Center, and UCI Medical Center. She continues to practice clinically during semester recesses. Maria has lectured nationally within the Society for Vascular Nursing. She has published numerous articles in the Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing, Journal of Peripheral Vascular Nursing, Surgery, and Critical Care Nurse, as well as various nursing reference books. She has participated in numerous clinical research trials related to vascular disease and critical care. Maria, along with her husband, two daughters, and son attend the First Evangelical Free Church of Fullerton where she has served for over 23 years in various capacities.
- Fall Classes: Adult Medical/Surgical nursing: Prelab lecture, Skills Lab, Level 1 Clinical
- Spring Classes: Critical Care Clinical, Skills Lab, Sim Man ACLS