Torrey Theater Club
Torrey Theatre Club is an amateur club established and run entirely by students. Participants believe that involvement in amateur theatre can provide unique educational experiences for Torrey students, particularly by exploration of a text through the experience of it on stage. The club averages one show per semester, with a tradition of performing Shakespeare in the spring. Past productions include: The Tempest, Our Town, A Christmas Carol, Romeo and Juliet, Peter Pan, Twelfth Night, and The Real Inspector Hound. Participants, either by acting in or helping produce a show, can get term paper credit for their involvement.
Quick Information At-A-Glance:
- Biola / Torrey Credits: Students cannot receive class credit, but are able to substitute a semester’s involvement in Torrey Theatre Club for one semester’s Torrey paper, pending mentor approval. This cannot be done more than one semester consecutively, nor can freshmen receive paper credit.
- Dates Offered: Students can participate in Torrey Theatre during the fall and spring semesters.
- Participation Opportunities:
- Torrey Theatre is student run.
- Students can participate in acting roles or in the production of the play (production includes jobs such as stage manager, advertiser, costumer, etc.).
Contact Torrey.Honors@biola.edu For questions or updates, visit the Torrey Theatre Club folder on BUBBS.