Torrey Music Club
Torrey music club was founded to provide students with all levels of musical experience the opportunity to minister through music. It is student run and directed, and generally holds a Christmas concert, an Easter concert and two outreach events every year (fall & spring). Exact offerings vary by year and interest of the directors, but often include a mixed choral group, women’s choral group, various instrumental ensembles and (interest permitting) a men’s quartet. To audition, contact the director or check the Torrey music folder on BUBBS.
Quick Information At-A-Glance:
- Biola / Torrey Credits: Students do not receive class credit, but students are able to substitute two semesters’ involvement in Torrey music for one semester’s Torrey paper.
- Dates Offered: Students can participate in Torrey music during the fall and spring semesters.
- Participation Opportunities:
- Torrey music is student led.
- Students can participate as choral members or directors of the choirs.
- Choral groups typically available: mixed choral group, women’s choral group, various instrumental ensembles, and men’s quartet.
- Torrey music typically presents a Christmas and an Easter concert.
- Two additional outreach events, one per semester, are also typically presented.
Contact Torrey.Honors@biola.edu to participate in Torrey Music. For questions or updates, visit the Torrey Music folder on BUBBS.