Torrey Europe is a three-week summer trip and course led by Torrey faculty through a portion of Europe (exact locations vary by year). Activities typically include visits to significant architectural and cultural landmarks, narration by faculty or local tour guides, time to explore the city, and evening discussion. Students are encouraged to integrate reading for the trip and other Torrey readings with the cultural and religious heritage of Europe. Each itinerary is designed to emphasize specific aspects of the origin and development of Western civilization. Previous excursions have included London & the British Isles, Greece & Italy, Turkey, and Russia.
Quick Information At-A-Glance:
Biola / Torrey Credits:
- 4 units Torrey credit.
- Can be applied toward junior or senior Torrey credits or can act as a substitute for the Torrey Thesis.
- Application deadlines will be announced at the annual Torrey Europe information meeting (usually in the October preceding the trip).
- Torrey Europe is offered only during the summer, typically in June. Specific dates will be released annually to students of the institute.
- Students interested in Torrey Europe attend a mandatory meeting in the spring semester preceding the trip.
- Request mentor approval and pay a non-refundable deposit to the Torrey Office (make check out to Biola University).
- Fill out a study abroad form for the Office of the Registrar (will be made available).
- Apply (early!) for a passport if you do not already have one.
- Get a head start on the assigned reading!
- Check Biola Email Regularly for Important Information.
Professors In Attendance:
- Torrey Europe is led by Professor Greg Peters and his wife.