Biola University has a strongly evangelical Christian commitment and requires that an accepted applicant be an evangelical believer. However, Biola does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in the admission of students, employment and the educational programs or activities it conducts. Because enrollment is limited and admission is on a selective basis, applications should be made as early as possible. Decisions are made only on completed applications.
The following are necessary to make an application to the Master of Arts in Christian Apologetics:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. You must request official transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended to be sent from the school directly to Graduate Admissions.
- A grade point average (GPA) equivalent to a 3.0 "B" average or higher. A limited number of applicants with lower GPAs may be admitted with probationary status.
- A completed Master of Arts in Christian Apologetics application, including all required materials and references as indicated on the application, by the stated deadlines. Apply Online
- Application fee of $65
- Two references, one from your Pastor and one Character reference from people qualified to assess your character and connection to the local church body. Both the Pastor and Character references can be downloaded, and should be sent directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions by the reference.
- International Students are required to submit scores on the Test of English as A Foreign Language (TOEFL).
The Master of Arts in Christian Apologetics admits students for the fall and spring semester. It is to your advantage to apply for both admissions and financial aid at least four to eight months ahead of your expected enrollment date.
Fall: July 1
Deadline for completed application, references, and all transcripts must be in our Graduate Admissions Office to be considered for Fall enrollment.
Spring: December 1
Deadline for completed application, references, and all transcripts must be in our Graduate Admissions Office to be considered for Spring enrollment.
Tuition payment is due at the time of registration. Students pay tuition for the units for which they are enrolled that semester. Our current rate of tuition is $501 per credit unit.