What is Apologetics?
Christian Apologetics is an essential interdisciplinary field of study that has as its goal the defense of the great truths of the Christian faith. Indeed, the Apostle Peter thought it important enough to exhort all believers to be prepared always to give a defense (apologian) to everyone who asks about the hope that we have in Christ (1 Peter 3:15).
The Master of Arts in Christian Apologetics degree program is designed to help students from all academic backgrounds to contend for the faith. You will learn to:
- Better understand the Christian faith
- Answer perennial arguments offered to discredit the Christian faith
- Correct misconceptions about historical Christianity
- Build an intellectual framework useful for responding to future challenges
- Confidently make the case that it is reasonable to place one's faith in Christ
- And, of course, to grow personally in devotion to Christ and service to His Church