Information For Employers
What is an MOL Degree?
The M.A. in Organizational Leadership is a master's degree designed to equip Christian working professionals to become effective leaders with integrity in their organizations, companies and churches. Biola's MOL is set apart by its integration of Christian faith and biblical character development into the teaching of best practices in leadership and business principles. This graduate degree is offered on Biola's main Southern California campus or in a modular (distance/online) format. MOL students come from a variety of fields, including management, ministry, human resources and administration.
What will my employee gain? He or she will....
- Become a confident and capable leader in your organization
- Discover the unique leadership giftings God has given him or her
- Learn how to maintain integrity and ethical standards at work
- Enhance teamwork in his or her area of influence
- Manage change effectively
- Cast compelling vision for his or her department
- Develop and implement successful strategies to accomplish organizational goals
Thoughts to consider
- The MOL degree is designed specifically for full-time working adults. It is designed to increase productivity at work and at school—balancing the two so neither is compromised.
- MOL students are constantly encouraged to take what they have learned in the classroom and to immediately apply it at work. We focus on the practical aspect of work-not simply the theoretical.
- Return on investment is exponentially increased as students are assessed for their current leadership, communication, and conflict styles and then trained how to develop and increase their strengths while acknowledging their weaknesses. This leads to greater work and management productivity and efficiency.
- Students complete a research project, which integrates their work and study. They must pick a topic that will include their current job so no work time is lost. Past projects have included making a company ISO9000 certified, restructuring and creating a new work division, and researching employee burnout.
If you are interested in other opportunities to work with the MOL, let us connect you with our faculty, who can provide you with:
- Leadership seminars for your staff on a topic of your choosing
- Strength Development Inventory assessment of your staff and explanation and discussion of results
- Strengths Finder assessment of your staff with explanation and discussion of results
- Consulting (strategy, conflict, HR, communication, teambuilding, etc.)
- Executive coaching for staff
If you would like to speak with the MOL about these opportunities, or if you would like to propose another way to partner with the MOL, please contact Sarah Ailes at 866-99-BIOLA.