Whether you work in the for-profit, ministry, education, government or non-profit sector, the MOL can equip you to grow in leadership, management and business skills.
The M.A. in Organizational Leadership focuses on the human component of organizations, in addition to the economic. Integrating solid credentials and character development with a firm biblical foundation, the MOL can give you the tools to meet and exceed the challenges of today's marketplace.
Equipping Christian men and women to be effective leaders in 21st century organizations
What will the MOL teach me?
The MOL will teach you how to lead effectively in the context of 21st-century organizations. There is an increased demand for leaders and managers with exceptional leadership, vision casting, organizational culture awareness, emotional intelligence, and communication and listening skills.
In addition, employers are actively seeking to raise up managers with strong character and ethical awareness. Leaders shape the future of their organizationals based upon the worldview they hold. For this reason, character development is an integral part of the MOL curriculum. The program helps students by fostering:
- A biblical world-view
- An ethical decision-making model
- A servant-leadership mentality
- Intentional character development
You will also develop leadership abilities in the following areas:
- Contemporary leadership theory and practice
- Best practices in business and management
- Building and leading teams
- Setting and reaching organizational goals
- Organizational design and structure
- Strategic planning and implementation
- Working with organizational culture
- Effective communication
- Biblical perspective on current leadership models
How can the MOL help advance my career?
In a survey of Biola MOL graduates, we have found that...
- 75% have been or expect to be promoted as a result of their participation in the MOL
- 69% have expanded their professional networks as a result of their participation in the MOL
- 65% have experienced increased responsibilities as a result of their participation in the MOL
- 30% have experienced an increase in salary as a result of their participation in the MOL
What is a 21st-century organization?
A 21st-century organization is less hierachical than organizations in the past have been. Previous "top-down" models of organizational structure have been turned upside down in recent history. The combination of fewer management levels, the rise of the knowledge worker, globalization and technological advances call for organizations with flatter structures and open communication. Biola's MOL teaches students how to not only navigate this new organizational model, but how to excel within it.
Why the MOL?
The MOL prepares students to successfully lead their employees and their companies, emphasizing leadership, business skills and biblical character development. Employers and managers must be prepared for the new challenges of leading organizations. Yet today's leaders must not only know how to operate profitably in the business world, but must also exemplify servant leadership and character. Biola's MOL program has a unique character development component that gives you an edge as you work to integrate your faith into successful leadership.
Why should I apply?
A respected degree from a reputable Christian university, the MOL at Biola will equip you to be an effective leader, teach you what you do best, show you how to capitalize on your strengths, and help you to advance your career. There is no prototypical MOL student - only those prepared and willing to grow and be transformed.
Join the growing number of leaders successfully making their way in the marketplace, and model your personal leadership abilities after the ultimate servant-leader, Jesus Christ.